The following is an incomplete list of things I am pretty sure I take for granted. Maybe you can identify with some. What do you take for granted?
- I know how to ride a bicycle
- Toilet paper is at my disposal where ever necessary
- My home is warm
- My home can be cool when it’s hot
- Milk is only a grocery store away
- My kids are healthy
- I can use all ten fingers
- I have a working washer and dryer
- Greenery surrounds my home
- I can read
- I can write
- I have a driver’s license and a car
- There are locks on my doors
- My kids love me
- My husband loves me
- Both my grandma’s are still here to love on me and my family
- Hand soap
- Hot, running water
- Pens and paper
- My sanity (whether or not I have this one is arguable 😀 )
There is an inexhaustible list of things one could potentially take for granted. Here I’ve only listed a few. Realizing all I’ve taken for granted instills a deep gratitude for my circumstances.
I probably pass by strangers all the time who may not have some of even these simple things, and here I don’t even think about what treasures I have before me.
What do you take for granted? Is there something you’re particularly grateful for today?