I received three nominations for the Liebster Award in one week! I’m finally getting a moment to answer the questions, and this is the second installment! Thanks, Claire Banschbach, for your fun questions! I’ll have one more part later in the week, and at that point I’ll post my nominations with my own questions. For now, I hope these answers are interesting and even a little entertaining, if that’s possible. 🙂
Questions from Claire:
1. What poked you in the direction of writing/blogging?
I’ve always had a bent toward writing down my thoughts. I started journaling my thoughts and prayers as a young adult and it has been a great outlet for my mind. I often think better/clearer between my brain and fingers than I do between my brain and mouth. It helps get the real me out of my head so other people don’t just see a shy and/or stuck up girl. At least, I hope it helps!
Otherwise, I love the blogging community and writing feels so very very good.
2. What is your favorite song to sing in the shower?
Oh, now you’ve told all those people who didn’t already know I sing in the shower that I sing in the shower. It varies! I don’t have a favorite, but it’s usually some Christian Pop song that I only know the chorus to. Otherwise I’m a Broadway musical fan. I might sing The Star Spangled Banner more often than not, though. Go team! 😉
3. What drives you to write?
A passion and desire. It’s kinda selfish of me, but I can’t really imagine not doing it any more.
4. If you could meet one fictional character, who would it be?
Just one? Seriously? That’s just not an easy question at all! If I could meet just one in real life I guess it would have to be someone adventurous, who’d take me along on their antics. Let’s say . . . Mad Mona. Oh man, I made her up, so that probably doesn’t count. But she’d be a hoot to hang out with. How about my favorite all time character Captain Wentworth from Persuasion. 🙂 He’d take me sailing on his ship. I would hope so, anyway!
5. You get the chance to travel any place, in any time. Where do you go?
Today I’m in the mood for ancient Greece. I want to watch a play in the round…probably Antigone because that’s my favorite Greek Tragedy..the only tragedy I actually like. haha
6. Do you have a certain memory associated with a food dish?
I’m kicking myself every time I eat fish for asking for tartar sauce with fresh halibut at my friend’s house when I was about ten. What was I thinking? It was fresh from the ocean a quarter-mile from the front door!
7. What is one book you are really looking forward to reading?
On Writing by Steven King. I really, really want to take time to read this book, but I haven’t done it. I’ve been told I’m crazy for not having read it yet. I really should go get it right now. Don’t judge. ;P
8. What is your next big adventure?
Big adventure? Oh, I don’t have many of those, but we are going to my grandma’s for Independence Day. We camp out, hang with family and friends, go swimming, and generally do nothing. Sometimes the biggest adventure is getting my family out the front door!
9. Another food question. You have to choose one thing to eat for the rest of your life. What do you choose?
Chocolate? I have no idea. Something well-rounded but not yucky. Rainbow Trout maybe. Can I spice it up different ways? hmmmm….so hard to choose. I’m really not a big fish person, but I’ve answered both questions about food with fish! haha
10. What is your favorite passage/verse from a work of literature?
Heavens, this is a very hard question! I haven’t ever singled one out before. Let me think on it a moment. hmmm….. I’m going to go with a little bit from E.D.E.N. Southworth’s book, The Hidden Hand in honor of my Blog Battle story from this week. 🙂
“Catch me coming to my senses, when it’s so delightful to be mad. I’m too sharp for that.”
These are the few requirements to be met:
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 7-10 (supposed to be 10 ) other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you
- Make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
- ALL THE NOMINEES ARE FREE TO ACCEPT OR REJECT THE NOMINATION