As promised here is my third installment of the Liebster Awards I received all in one week! 🙂
I know this lovely, very kind, neat, what-have-you award is just a nice way to connect people through the blogosphere, but I appreciate this very aspect of it, and so for now, I choose to participate whenever possible.
If someone else has taken the time and thought to include me, it’s important I let them know how much I appreciate it. Of course, this desire on my part is also balanced with the understanding that our lives are full ,and we don’t always have time even when we’d like to do it!
I’m generally a forgetful person. I need to have things written down or in my phone calendar if I’m to remember. I don’t know why this is. I don’t know my IQ, but I’m almost certain I’m a somewhat intelligent person. Stuff gets shuffled in and about my brain, and I hate to think I ever make anyone feel unappreciated if I’ve forgotten something that’s important to them. The Liebster Award may not seem like an important thing, but the people who share it are. Thanks friends. I’m so grateful for you and I wonder how our lives didn’t intersect before. ❤
Okay, that’s enough one AM rambling from Rachael. On to the lovely Kima’s questions!
Questions from Kima:
1. Who inspires you the most in life?
I say ‘oh’ a lot in my head. I even imagine my lips forming the round shape even though my mouth doesn’t move. Oh. Who? When it comes right down to it, my husband does. I’m the one person he always, I mean always, is ready to compliment and encourage. He’s not talkative and he’s not overly expressive with anyone, but he never fails to give me the courage to follow my dreams. He inspires me to do my best. I want to make him proud.
2. What is your favorite genre that you just can’t seem to write yourself?
Favorite genre I can’t write myself? Uhhhh (didn’t want to say oh again), classic lit? Seriously, couldn’t do it and I do love classics. I love the language and description. I’m too much a 80s/90s girl to have a regular classic vocab, though. 🙂
3. What program(s) do you use to create/write your stories?
I use Word 2007 and Scrivener. Nothing too fancy here. I’m still learning all the loop-the-loops within Scrivener. Well, I could probably say the same about Word 2007 even with it being outdated and all.
4. If you only had one book to read, what would it be (excluding the Bible/Religious books)?
Persuasion by Jane Austen. I know, I know: why that silly stuff? When I read it, I can sense this hidden passion below the tightly proper surface of the main characters. Austen conveys a longing in the most simple way and it gets me every time. I’ve read it as much or more than P&P. I guess I like it well enough to read it again?
5. What would be your dream job?
Author. I already consider myself an author, although, by some standards that may not be true. The dream job part would be authoring and doing it so well it was an actual job with an income. haha
6. Morning person or night owl? How does this effect your daily schedule?
Night Owl. HooHooHoooooo. I wish I was a morning person! I would love to be awake with the sun every day. When I do find myself awake then, it is peaceful and calm. Most of the time my daily schedule begins in a rush and stays that way all day. I love being up at night though, when the rest of the house is asleep and the darkness is like blanket.
7. If your life was a movie, do you think you’d be the main protagonist?
I’m a supporting character. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. At least, I don’t see myself in the spot light. There’s nothing exciting about me, nothing to draw anyone else in and make them want to stay for the whole ride. Or as Bette Midler puts it, I’m the wind beneath your wings. 😉 Oh, no wait. Uh, yeah, you get it. 😉
8. Have you ever written to/talked to one of your favorite authors? Who? What did you get out of it?
No. My favorite authors have passed on from this world, but I have talked to a couple other authors through social media, and they’re amazing, kind people. Mostly I got that. 🙂
9. Which of your senses would you be willing to give up?
I knew this question would show up on my doorstep some day. *sigh* Must I? Really? Oh (there it is again), I suppose I would give up my sense of smell. My best friend doesn’t have hers, and she’s perfectly happy. In fact, and this is getting a little personal so please excuse the remark, but if someone “lets it” in the room, she’s not inconvenienced by the smell. That’s certainly a plus! 😉
10. What is your favorite online resource for writing/blogging/what you do?
For all my lack of memory skills, I’m an organizer who has no time to organize. A lot of what I do is gleaned from several sources, which I compile together, but my go to for a quick writing/blogging read is K.M. Weiland, Helping Writers Become Authors. She’s quick, concise, encouraging, and organized. I like it.
And that is ten! Phew! I’m eternally worried about being boring! I hope you weren’t bored! haha Thank you so much for nomination and all the questions, Kima. Now I will nominate ten people (who may or may not choose to accept, at their leisure), list my ten questions for them, and you’ll find the rules/requirements are at the bottom! 🙂
- Jahaira @ Figuring It Out Mommy
- Andrew @ Blessed Are the Pure of Heart
- PhoenixGrey 85
- BlondeLucy @ BlondeWriteMore
- Tess @ How the Cookie Crumbles (or Let’s Cut the Crap)
- E. Rawls
- Nicholas Hughes
- Akanksha @ The World Past Me
- Lizzy @ MyLittleBookBlog
- Irena @ Books & Hot Tea
I could seriously keep going adding more as I follow more blogs than I really have time for, but these are ones you should definitely check out, and I can’t wait to read their answers to my questions. 🙂 I have a feeling these may end up a little out of the ordinary.
- If you could be any super hero, already imagined or one of your own making, what would it be? Why?
- Forrest Gump said, “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” Are you the kind of person who will try anything once or are you afraid of the possibility of hating whatever you might bite into, so you don’t try?
- What is it about blogging that makes you keep coming back for more?
- If you could tell the next generation one thing, what would it be?
- Were/are you cool or a nerd in high school? How does this affect your outlook on life now?
- Do you have a favorite place to just sit and relax? If so, where?
- What is your biggest
secretgoal for this year?
- When did you first start blogging and how did it feel?
- No matter how many times I try to stay away from alien questions, Brant Hanson’s voice keeps popping back in my head. I have to ask, If an alien from outer space offered you one million dollars and an island of your own in exchange for your ability to formulate coherent replies to people’s questions, would you do it?
- What are your top 3-5 qualities you appreciate/admire in your friends?
Well, I hope you enjoy answering these questions! I can’t wait to read the answers! *crosses fingers and hopes everyone will do it!*
These are the few requirements to be met:
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 7-10 (supposed to be 10 ) other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you
- Make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
- ALL THE NOMINEES ARE FREE TO ACCEPT OR REJECT THE NOMINATION