I was for nominated for the Siblinghood of the World Bloggers Award by Jane Potter @ The Greenish Bookshelf. Thanks Jane!
She keeps a shelf brimming with books, loves to discuss them, and is sweet as can be. You should definitely stop by her blog and say hi. Tell her Rachael sent you. 😉
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post.
- Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided.
- Nominate ten other bloggers (or up to 10).
- Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nominations.
Let’s get to Jane’s Questions for me:
- What is your favorite book series you have read recently?
Shhhh. Don’t tell anyone I haven’t read an entire series lately. But I did start reading one from Ted Dekker that’s in a series. The one I read is called A.D. 30, and I enjoyed it. I’ll borrow A.D. 33 as soon as I can. It just released October 6th (yesterday)!
- Favorite children’s book and why?
If You Give A Mouse A Cookie is followed with a close second of The Cat in the Hat. Of course, maybe that’s going back too far in children’s literature, but that’s what you get. If You Give A Mouse a Cookie is my favorite because it’s an ironic series of events with a well-meaning mouse at the core. I have always been amused by irony, but I’m drawn to good intentions. It’s just a good book, okay. Go read it. 🙂
- Where is your favorite place to read?
Curled up on the couch with a cup of something warm (doesn’t matter what time of year) or tucked up under my blankets, reclining on extra pillows in my bed. If I was being idyllic, I’d say under a willow tree. My grandma used to read that way. I want to be just like her, sweet woman. 🙂
- Do you prefer shopping online or in the store?
I love to touch things so I prefer in store, but any more I hate going anywhere, so I have a bit of a dilemma. When it comes to books, though, I’ll order those online any time.
- What are you favorite TV shows?
- Which is better: book or movie adaptation? why?
This is a tough one. For the most part I prefer the book. Most movie adaptations have to cut and adjust too much of the story to properly convey what the book is so much better at showing with words. That being said, there are still some movie adaptations that I adore, such as Persuasion and Bleak House. Both of these versions I refer to are PBS/BBC Masterpiece TV adaptations, though.
- If you could live in a book, which would you live in?
If I could live in any book I’d live in mine, The Beauty Thief. I would love to see the world in my head with my own eyes, experience it, taste it, smell it, feeeeeeel it.
- Which book do you find yourself recommending most frequently?
- The Hidden Hand,
- Jane Eyre, or
which are three of my top favorites. If you want children’s lit I like to recommend Half Upon A Time
and it’s sequels. If you like YA fantasy, I love everything by Shannon Hale and Gail Carson Levine.
- Where would you go on your dream vacation?
A dream vacation would be two months long and I’d get to travel Europe and Asia. Maybe two months isn’t enough. I want to see things from ancient times. I live in an area where our history really only goes back about 150 years in physical aspects, so I have a deep desire to see things that span centuries, going back even thousands of years. I dream of all the possibilities and stories that could be told.
- Favorite type of M&M. This is a serious one 🙂
This is a serious question! Uh. Man, hard to choose, but I’d have to go with all my favorites mixed together into the perfect M&M (which is a real one, if you didn’t know): Dark Chocolate Peanut M&Ms. mmmmhmmmmm. 🙂
Thanks, Jane! That was fun. Now for my nominations and questions!
- Cathleen Townsend
- Simon Farnell
- Candice Coates
- ClareMary Sweeney
- Eric K.
- Carrie Ann
- Michael Dellert
You folks ready for your questions? That one didn’t count! 😛
- If a cloud followed you everywhere you went, always raining above your head, but never got you wet, would you search for a way to be rid of it or would you ignore it? Why?
- What was the first book you read that made you truly love reading?
- If you could go out to a late night social function with any character from any book, who would it be, and why?
- What would you do with a magic pen that any time you wrote with it, it created whatever you described?
- How often have you stopped reading a book before finishing it?
- Where is the one place on the planet you wouldn’t mind getting lost?
- When given the opportunity to meet your favorite author, who would it be and what would you say?
- What is your favorite color?
- Where is your least favorite place to read, but in a pinch it will do?
- If offered the opportunity to visit a fictional world, where would you go and what kind of character would you become?
Have fun! THANKS for playing along. 🙂