It’s a sad state when you make plans and are excited about all you plan to do, but then the all part of that planning begins to overwhelm you. You know? I somehow doubt I’m the only one who’s “been there, done that.”
So, where did I disappear to? I know I’ve been away from blogging ( … away from email, away from far too much!) for too long, but I’m getting my head in the game and hoping to shuck the overwhelm from my mind.
I took my eyes off the “break the goal into smaller pieces” advice I like to give and just saw the big picture of everything I need to accomplish this year. In the midst, a lot the things I’ve needed to get done have been … not so much set aside as slowed down to a snail’s pace.
That means I’ve put off getting some very important work done that involves other people. I think I feel the worst about that. I absolutely
hate, detest, LOATHE letting people down, especially the people I’ve made a commitment to.
Here’s what I’ve got going on right now:
- Interviews to compile for ASF Short Story Contest Winners!
- These people are awesome, and I cannot not get this done.
- The double-negative is necessary to establish just how very important number one is.
- Revisions and edits to send to participants of the ASF Short Story Contest
- This is super important because these stories will be included in an awesome anthology that all proceeds from sales will go to Compassion International.
- This will also require formatting and design work (but who doesn’t love a good day or two of formatting?).
- We need these done and the stories completed before publication, and I’d like to get that done before November.
- MUST finish my Chronicles prequel story for publication.
- BLOGBATTLE is coming back! I just need to get my act together. Seriously.
- I need to write the sci-fi story I’ve been putting off while I work on other things, but I need to get it done so that I can hopefully tempt a particularly super-awesome agent with my splendid writing skilllzzzzzzzzz. (I hope you didn’t just fall asleep)
- I want to get at least 50,000 words of book 4 in Chronicles of the Twelve Realms written in November (NaNoWriMo will be my best friend that month. Don’t tell Sheila!).
- I want to write a play (a really cool one) for my daughter’s high school to perform.
- This I’d like to do this summer so they can perform it in the fall, but I might not have time… *sigh*
That doesn’t seem like THAT much, does it?
Oh, and on top that, I’ve been given the opportunity to work at a software design tech company called IntelliTect as a recruiter and to help with social media marketing-type stuff. I’m thrilled that they hired me, and I feel completely unqualified for the job. But like I said before, I hate disappointing people.
Want to know what I love? I love encouraging others, meeting new people, being kind, working hard and seeing the fruit of my labor, and smiling. I really love smiling. I need to do it more.
How about you? What do you love? What makes you smile? What have you been working on? I miss talking with all the great people I’ve met through blogging. We really need to connect more.