It has been a whirlwind of blogging for the last couple weeks, because I’ve had some amazing stops with fantastic hosts on the Captive Hope Book Blog Tour. I enjoyed each and every one so much I wanted to create a place where we could go to find the interviews, excerpts, and friendly banter any time we wanted.
Here are links to all the guest posts I was privileged to do during the tour. Thank you for hosting and/or reading along. I’m so grateful!
- Captive Hope is Here! hosted by Cathleen Townsend at The Beauty of Words where we started off with a great excerpt from the book, and here’s a taste: “Idra remembered his face, but she couldn’t remember his name. Sitting this close to him, she couldn’t forget his scent.” Click the link to go read the rest!
- Interview with Historical Fantasy Fiction Author… hosted by E. Rawls where we discussed the book and writing. Of course, I also revealed I’m a slow reader along with this: “I love reading. I love books. I didn’t always love it. I’d have much preferred to be writing them than reading them as a kid, but I slowly grew to love reading.”
- Captive Hope – Guest Post hosted by Kristin Elise Garrett at Pursuit of a New Adventure where the sweet woman called me her “darling friend” 🙂 and in the midst of a series of fun questions found out I’d love to see my characters acted out on the big screen. “Of course! I can’t help myself.”
- Captive Hope Book Blog Tour! hosted by Phoenix Grey who made a great comment on the style of the series: “a YA fantasy series that really evokes the feelings of the old fairy tales while adding a modern fantasy element as well.”
- Guest Post – Rachael Ritchey hosted by Adele Marie Park at Firefly465 where we talked a lot about inspiration, like with The Beauty Thief: “The story for The Beauty Thief was all there and it HAD to be written.”
- Interview – Rachael Ritchey hosted by Jon Stephens at Start Your Fiction where he asked some great questions like: “What’s been the biggest lessons learned in self-publishing?”
- Captive Hope By Rachael Ritchey: Book Release…! hosted by Candice Coates at I Came for the Soup where we get a look at an “…excerpt [that] comes from the first chapter and illustrates an aspect of Lady Idra and Sir Ahmad’s close friendship.”
- Writerly Wednesday Guest Post hosted by Tasha of Tasha’s Thinkings where we got another great excerpt. Here’s a taste: “Noreeta couldn’t ignore the storm brewing behind Zaide’s glassy stare. She knew it wouldn’t be held off for long. She wiggled under his scrutiny.” There’s more on her blog! 🙂
- One Useful Reason Characterization is Important hosted by S.T. Capps where I got to talk about my character Ahmad, using him as an example of Characterization and the importance of knowing your “people.”
- Captive Hope Blog Tour – Interview hosted by Ms. Claire Banschbach where right off the bat, she’s delving into the personal stuff. Somehow she got me to admit my big, bad, dark secret: “I cannot whistle out.” But there’s more.
- Who is Rachael Ritchey? hosted by Simon Farnell where he straight up tells you my book is worth just as much as that double, skim, soy, vanilla latte with extra cream and a cherry on top. Not in those words exactly, but you know. Check it out.
- Continued Blog Tour for Captive Hope… hosted by John T. M. Herres where he let me share another excerpt and a little of Idra’s angst: “Idra’s sensibilities, her devotion to duty and family, were outside her own desires, and they warred against her heart.”
- Interview with Rachael Ritchey hosted by Nicholas Hughes, my original BlogWars instigator friend. He and I had a lively discussion about stuff like we usually do. I was even able to share a fun photo of us together with J.A. Merkel. It’s really a cute picture. You should go look. Really. 🙂
- Guest: Rachael Ritchey… hosted by Roger Jacob at Heroically Bad Writers where I got to answer some great questions like: “When writing Captive Hope did you find any different experiences when from writing The Beauty Thief?” I hope my answers were inspiring and helpful! You be the judge.
- Captive Hope Blog Tour hosted by J.A. Merkel where he wrapped it up for us by saying some very kind things about yours truly, such as: “She’s one of the most encouraging people I know and her…” which is high praise, but the rest of that quote really says a lot about my books, too. Make sure you stop in a take a quick gander. Leave a comment, too! 🙂
I have another unofficial stop coming up on the tour, too! I want to thank everyone who participated. The willingness, graciousness, and thoughtfulness of each of my hosts is heart-warming. It’s with sincerest thanks that I write this post.
Now, be sure to sign up for my email newsletter for a chance to win a free ebook or two. There’s also a chance for a signed paperback copy of Captive Hope through Goodreads!