So as I explained last week–here–we are doing #BlogBattle a little differently this week.
Of course, I feel like I’ve left out any newbies who would have liked to have joined today! So for you, it’s not too late! Write a story with the theme word: YEAR. You’ve got all day to post it. 🙂
Now, I hope you enjoy the music I’ve got playing for your enjoyment as you read some epic tales written throughout the course of the last year. Be sure to vote on your favorite once the poll goes live!
Battlers, here’s how to participate for Week 53:
- Choose one of your #BlogBattle stories from the past year
- Edit it however you would like
- Reblog/repost it on Tuesday, March 15th.
- Make sure you specify the genre and the theme word
Now, on to the stories!
- The Rope by John T. M. Herres (paranormal) 🙂
- Bun? by Tess 🙂
- Gossips of Westpark Flowers by Kirstin Elise Garrett 🙂
- Life in a Bottle by Lauren Gunter 🙂
- A Life in a Year by Andrew Budek-Schmeisser 🙂
- Egging You On by Rachael Ritchey 🙂
- Out of the Storm by Candice Coates 🙂
- Roots by Sarah Brentyn 🙂
- Worth It by Carrie Ann 🙂
- The Comet by Blonde(Lucy)writer 🙂
- Silver and Black by Helen Jones (Paranormal/Vampire) 🙂
- Moon a Rip of a Ride by Marje of Kyrosmagica 🙂
- Three Drops by Phoenix Grey 🙂
- My Mind’s Eye by Claire Banschbach 🙂
- Cosmic Hunter by E. Rawls 🙂
- The Enemy Within the Rings Pt2 by Simon Farnell 🙂
- Of a Needful Garden by Beaton M. 🙂
- Suburban Evil by Ellie Maloney 🙂
- Cave Rendezvous by Cathleen Townsend 🙂
PS If I’m missing your story, just leave me a comment to let me know!
Read all the stories & PLEASE VOTE for your top THREE favorites (not all for the same, though!).
Vote by Midnight PST on Sunday so I can announce the winner on Monday. Thank you so much. I enjoy our weekly stories a great deal, and I hope you do, too!
Week 52 “Hair” Winner: Behind the Mask by Helen Jones
***NEXT WEEK’S Word: Feather
- 1000 words max
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- PG (no more than PG-13) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the word(s) from the theme and/or be centered around the theme in a way that shows it is clearly related
- Go for the entertainment value!
- State the Genre of your story at the top of your post.
- Post your story on Tuesday, by 11:59 PM PST
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting your story, put a linkback to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section of this page, and/orinclude a link to this page in your own blog post(it creates a “ping-back” which will alert me and our friends to your #BlogBattle post)
- Have fun!
Each winner will receive this awesome #BlogBattle Winner Badge to display with their winning story on their webpage:
Please leave a comment, question, or idea! I’d love to chat!