****It’s the end of Wednesday. You know, I wrote half my story for this week before I ran out of steam. *sigh* I guess I’ll try for two words next week. I’ve never missed a battle yet, so this is disappointing, but that’s life and illness. I’m feeling better today. Bronchitis hit me like a ton of bricks. Today I was able to do a lot and was even hungry! I haven’t been hungry in a week, so that’s great news. 🙂 Now I want to write. That’s even better news because I didn’t want to write either. Sick sucks. Sick is not cool, great, or otherwise, so I suggest the youth of today not take up or continue the use of that word for such oxymoronic expletives. That’s my two cents for the day. Salut!
#BlogBattle 54 Story Theme: Feather
(basic rules at the bottom of the post)
Post your story by 11:59 PM PST on Tuesday! I add them here throughout the day on Tuesday.
Look for stories using #BlogBattle on Twitter, too! Wednesday, the poll gets added. Be sure to read them all. All the links will open in a new window so that you can easily navigate back to this list.
RULES for VOTING: Anyone can vote as long as you’ve read ALL the stories for this week by Midnight PST, SUNDAY. Vote for your TOP 3 favorites. Winner announced on Monday!
- Weep a While Longer by Heena Rathore P. (Dark)
- Snagged Part 3 by Tess (fantasy)
- Tina’s Writer Diary by Blonde(Lucy)WriteMore
- Of a Feathery Affair by Beaton M.
- Right Now, On the Back Porch by Andy
- Like a Feather by Kristin Elise Garrett (humor)
PS If I’m missing your story, just leave me a comment to let me know!
Read all the stories & PLEASE VOTE for your top THREE favorites (not all for the same, though!).
Vote by Midnight PST on Sunday so I can announce the winner on Monday. Thank you so much. I enjoy our weekly stories a great deal, and I hope you do, too!
Anniversary Week 53 Winner: Roots by Sarah Brentyn
****NEXT WEEK’S PROMPT WORD: Leviathan
- 1000 words max
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- PG (no more than PG-13) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the word(s) from the theme and/or be centered around the theme in a way that shows it is clearly related
- Go for the entertainment value!
- State the Genre of your story at the top of your post.
- Post your story on Tuesday, by 11:59 PM PST
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting your story, put a linkback to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section of this page, and/orinclude a link to this page in your own blog post(it creates a “ping-back” which will alert me and our friends to your #BlogBattle post)
- Have fun!
Each winner will receive this awesome #BlogBattle Winner Badge to display with their winning story on their webpage: