A friend asked for directions on how to add a Blog Battle widget to their blog, and I figured since I’d already typed of the instructions I might as well share them on my blog too.
This is a quick tip I just typed up. I might add screenshots later, but I think this is pretty easy to follow. Have fun adding cool image widgets!
Here are the steps:
1. First, download the jpeg image.
2. Point your mouse arrow at “My Sites” in the top left corner without clicking on it.
- A dropdown menu will appear.
- Click on “WP Admin”
3. Roll your hand-pointer down to the fourth icon on the left (media)
- Click on “Add New”
4. Click on the button in the middle that says “Select Files”
- Find the logo picture
- Click on it so that it’s highlighted
- Click OK
5. The jpeg will load to your blog, and it will be assigned its own URL
- I just realized that if you want to right click on the logo from the blog battle webpage, you can copy the link address from there instead. It will work just as well and then you don’t have to download it to your computer or upload the logo to your own WordPress. Totally up to you! From this point all the instructions are the same.
6. Copy the URL for the logo
7. Go to the paintbrush icon for Appearance and click “Customize”
8. Click on “Widgets”
9. Choose & click on “Sidebar,” “Footer 1,” or whichever one you want to use for the logo to be found on. I put most of mine in the sidebar.
10. Scroll to the bottom of the list on the left and click “Add a Widget”
- From this list pick “Image”
- You can move the “Image” widget you just added to any position among the ones listed on the left by clicking and holding the mouse while you slide it to where you want it.
11. Under Widget Title put something like “Blog Battle” (or whatever you want. or nothing! 🙂 )
- Paste the logo image URL that you copied into the next box
- I skip over the next three
- choose how you want it aligned
- I assigned the size to be 450 x 252 but you can make it the size you want to fit. Play with the numbers to see what you like
- The last box is for if you want to add a link to the blog battle webpage(or wherever you want you link to go): http://www.blogbattlers.wordpress.com