Week Five #BlogBattle Word: Silver
Post it: Tuesday, April 14th, 2015.
Let’s put our creativity to work and write some short stories! It doesn’t need to be long. In fact, if you like a challenge, make it as short as you can. Your skill level as a writer doesn’t matter. We’d just love to read your story. The main point of the #BlogBattle is to work on and improve our writing skills, giving us a little exercise in creativity. 🙂
Silver. It makes me think of this old song we used to sing in Girl Scouts: Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and that other gold. Now, what can you come up with when your theme is SILVER?
- 1000 words max
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- PG (no more than PG-13) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the word(s) from the theme and/or be centered around the theme in a way that shows it is clearly related
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle, put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section of this post, and/or include a link tothis post in your own blog post (it creates a “ping-back” which will alert me and our friends to your #BlogBattle post)
- Have fun!
Recap: #BlogBattle Theme: Silver
If you need a little inspiration, search “Silver images” on Google and there will be a plethora of silver items that may just give you the little nudge you want! 🙂
Write a 1000 words (or less) story for this theme and post it on Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 by midnight PST. Remember that you can write it sooner and set it to publish on the specific date! 🙂
I’ll retweet all the #BlogBattle tweets and posts I come across (and you can, too). I will create a blog post linking back to all our submitted stories. NEW THIS WEEK: Everyone who writes a story for the week or has participated in the past will get to vote for their favorite! (I think the easiest way to do this will be to create a “poll” where everyone can vote here on my blog until Friday, midnight. I’ll announce the winner on Saturday). The winner will be subjected to a short, somewhat amusing interview with yours truly! It’s fun, folks! Join in! You are most welcome. 🙂
***So that I won’t miss your story, please add a link back to this post to your story. It can be as simple as this url: https://rachaelritchey.com/2015/04/08/wk5-blogbattle/ (just make sure to use the chainlink-looking feature to enter in the url there again so that it works like a real link and will pingback here. That way I’m guaranteed not to miss it!)
Here are links to a few of the Week 4 #BlogBattle short stories so you can get an idea of the variety our imaginations can create. The theme was simply Bludgeon (verb form). The following is what we came up with using just that for inspiration:
- E.Rawls: Bludgeon to Survive
- BlondeWriteMore: How Should You Kill a Balding Long Toothed Ogre
- PhoenixGrey85: Bludgeon
- Ssenlark: THE BLUDGEONING OF BARTHOLOMEW BLUNDT
- Rachael Ritchey: Bravery & Kindness
- (If I missed your story, just leave a comment or DM me on twitter so that I can rectify my error! We want to display all your fab stories!)
Now, put a shine on that Silver story! Happy Short Story #BlogBattling, my friends! 🙂
Please leave a comment, question, or idea! I’d love to chat!