#BlogBattle 21 Story Theme: Eye
(basic rules at the bottom of the post)
I’ll add more stories later in the day. Look for everyone’s stories using #BlogBattle on Twitter, too! Wednesday, the poll gets added. Be sure to read them all. All the links will open in a new window so that you can easily navigate back to this list.
RULES for VOTING: Anyone can vote as long as you’ve read ALL the stories for this week by 10 PM PDT, SUNDAY. Vote for your TOP 3 favorites. Winner announced on Monday! (With as many great stories as get submitted, I think we all need just a little more time to read them and vote!)
Shadows by Darren Scanlon
Dating Doll Talk by Blonde(Lucy)WriteMore
The Eye of the Shadow by Marje @ Kyrosmagica
What’s in a Name? by Melissa Barker-Simpson
Through Her Eyes by PhoenixGrey85
His End by Candice Coates
Where is Ugly Duckling? by E. Rawls
I See You, Alfred E. Neuman by The Plagued Parent
My Mind’s Eye by Claire Banschbach
The Healing Tear by Carrie Ann @ Anniehow
The Evil Eye by Rachael Ritchey
Eat Up, Dragon Eyes! by Orana Velarde
Eye of the Storm by Andrew @ Blessed are the Pure in Heart
Double Bluff by Lauren Gunter
New battler: Ms Toy Whisperer! She’s too late for voting this week, but here’s her EYE story: Eye of the Tiger
PS If I’m missing your story, just leave me a comment to let me know!
Anyone, regardless of participation, who reads ALL the stories for the week may vote.
PLEASE VOTE for your top THREE favorites (not all for the same, though!).
Vote by 10 PM PST on Sunday so I can announce the winner on Monday Thank you so much. I enjoy our weekly stories a great deal, and I hope you do, too!
- 1000 words max
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- PG (no more than PG-13) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the word(s) from the theme and/or be centered around the theme in a way that shows it is clearly related
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Post your story by Tuesday 11:59 PM PST
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting your story, put a linkback to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section of this page, and/orinclude a link to this page in your own blog post(it creates a “ping-back” which will alert me and our friends to your #BlogBattle post)
- Have fun!
Each winner will receive this awesome #BlogBattle Winner Badge to display with their winning story on their webpage:
If you get a chance, check out the “Blog Battlers” page on my blog. I’m rather proud of how it turned out, and I hope it makes it easier to find your favorite battler’s stories. 🙂 Eventually, my goal is to have a brief little bio available for each battler’s individual page. Wouldn’t that be cool!