You know what this means, right? Next week will mark one year of #BlogBattle! I’m amazed and so thankful to everyone who participates and makes this writing thing happen every week. And to celebrate, we’ll be having a bit of a party next week. Participants, choose a favorite #BlogBattle story you’ve written in the last year and include a link to it in the comments below. I’m going to do my best to compile a fun look back at the last year of stories!
If you have other ideas to help us celebrate all the work and creativity of the Year in Battling, let me know! 🙂
(basic rules at the bottom of the post)
Post your story by 11:59 PM PST on Tuesday! I add them here throughout the day on Tuesday.
Look for stories using #BlogBattle on Twitter, too! Wednesday, the poll gets added. Be sure to read them all. All the links will open in a new window so that you can easily navigate back to this list.
RULES for VOTING: Anyone can vote as long as you’ve read ALL the stories for this week by Midnight PST, SUNDAY. Vote for your TOP 3 favorites. Winner announced on Monday!
- A Trace of Terror by David Williamson
- The Writing Club by Blonde(Lucy)WriteMore
- **** A Fountain Among the Fox by Andy @ The Whale and the Petunias
- Traces of Love by Andrew Budek-Schmeisser
- **** Journey to Ambeth by Helen Jones (paranormal)
- Ebony River’s Diary Year 2585 Entry 4 by Ellie Maloney
- A Smuggler’s Story Part 7 by Grace Petrelli
- An End and Beginning by Phoenix Grey
- Traced to the Source by E. Rawls
- Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Kidnapped Daughter by Simon Farnell
- For the Gold by Cathleen Townsend (ghost/paranormal)
PS If I’m missing your story, just leave me a comment to let me know!
Read all the stories & PLEASE VOTE for your top THREE favorites (not all for the same, though!).
Vote by Midnight PST on Sunday so I can announce the winner on Monday. Thank you so much. I enjoy our weekly stories a great deal, and I hope you do, too!
Week 50 Winner: Flight by Natasha Roxby
****NEXT WEEK’S PROMPT WORD: Hair
- 1000 words max
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- PG (no more than PG-13) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the word(s) from the theme and/or be centered around the theme in a way that shows it is clearly related
- Go for the entertainment value!
- State the Genre of your story at the top of your post.
- Post your story on Tuesday, by 11:59 PM PST
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting your story, put a linkback to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section of this page, and/orinclude a link to this page in your own blog post(it creates a “ping-back” which will alert me and our friends to your #BlogBattle post)
- Have fun!
Each winner will receive this awesome #BlogBattle Winner Badge to display with their winning story on their webpage: