Here you thought there
was no good were only a couple good reasons to have blogging buddies! Boy were you ever wrong. And just to prove that there are way more benefits, I have convinced one of my awesome blogging buddies to make a grand appearance on my very own little blog here!
Of course, she did tell me there were even more benefits, but in her wise words,
“Truth is this topic COULD go on forever . . .”
. . . and she’s right! So, we’ve limited it to five and a bonus because she couldn’t just stop at five. Ha! Without further ado, let me introduce you to today’s guest blogger, author and Wise, Beautiful, Fun, Energetic, Encouraging, Fabulous, Sweet, Intelligent, Supportive, COOL Gal Candice Coates.
5 Benefits of Blogging Buddies
So you’ve started a blog. You may have given birth to your online world just today, last month or even several years ago. The point is you’ve enlisted on a fantastic journey, one that can be filled with great discoveries and adventure or one that can be akin to kicking a tree in the woods, each day, by yourself, just for kicking a tree’s sake.
For the good of all, I hope you are not kicking trees.
But what keeps you from being a blogging-world-tree-kicker? What are the factors that make blogging either magical or mundane? What is a key factor that enables us in the blogging world to really capitalize on our creative blogging experience?
I’ll tell you. Blogging Buddies!
Right about now you are probably thinking that the concept is juvenile at best, but I assure you having blogging buddies is one of the greatest keys and benefits to gaining blogging success, and here’s why:
1. Blogging Buddies help you get the lay of the land: If you are new to the blogging arena you’ve already done the deer-in-the-headlights thing I’m sure, having no clue what your next step is beyond picking a blog theme, and even that made you sweat bullets.
When you begin to connect with other bloggers, reading their content and conversing with them, you empower yourself to learn more about the journey ahead. You gain knowledge and wisdom about blogging, such as creating powerful content without the headache of trial and error.
2. Blogging Buddies equal community: There is power in numbers. There is great wisdom found in having many counselors, as the book of Proverbs suggest.
When you have blogging buddies you put yourself in the position to have a community of folks who will always give you constructive (and that word is key) feedback on your content while also sharing ways you can improve what you are doing.
3. Blogging Buddies help you keep perspective: Proper perspective is one of the most important keys to success in anything. A seasoned blogger, or even a newbie, can be helpful in reminding you ‘what’ is most important about your blogging agenda.
Seeing the success of many ‘buddies’ who are at different levels will help you have a better view of the progress you’ve made. Getting to know a fellow blogger who has 10k followers but has been blogging for five years really ought to make you feel better about your 500 followers in just under a year’s time. Perspective.
4. Blogging Buddies equal shared marketing: When you are in a community of bloggers and have cultivated relationships with other creative people you have built yourself a ‘bridge of shared marketing’ that serves to open lines of communication with worlds of people to whom you might not have had access.
For instance, here I am sharing a post in the wonderful world of Rachael Ritchey. By doing this, there are people who’ve never come across my content or blog space that now have been granted a direct doorway to my world via Rachael’s, and that doorway swings both ways. My readers now have access to Rachael as well.
It’s a lovely thing!
“. . . I assure you having blogging buddies is one of the greatest keys and benefits to gaining blogging success . . .”
5. Blogging Buddies can become real life buddies: There is nothing like being able to email a fellow blogger and tell them about how your new secret novel is going and have them give you encouragement while sharing their own adventure. There is also the added benefit of knowing you can vent to them as well about the struggles you face being creative or how your dog wet your new rug and wrecked your mind from writing.
These things sound so trivial, but there is something to be said about being ‘human’ with people of your craft who understand the struggle with balancing creative life with everyday happenings.
They understand you, and that shared experience is priceless and beyond therapeutic.
Blogging Buddies always give you a reason to come back and blog another day! Maybe you didn’t start your blog to gain a mass of followers or build a creative platform for whatever project you’ve got going. Maybe you are in it just to have fun.
Here’s the thing, there is nothing more fun about having fun than having some one to have fun with….say that fast five times over.
In the end and even at the beginning, remember to enjoy yourself and your journey. Give yourself time. But like the new kid at school on your first day, remember to make friends!
Here’s to Blogging Buddies!
photo image courtesy of https://pixabay.com/en/pinky-swear-friends-pinky-promise-329329/